RE: Database performance monitoring tool for developers.

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:04:14 -0800

I'm sure that a lot of the members of the list have opinions on the subject, including myself. Now I like the developers and especially the duhvelopers to have access to tools that give them insight into what their application is doing to the database, but I much prefer them having that access (in a non destructive way) on the production DB as well. In development they may not have access to as much data as the production db holds, nor are they seeing the combined effects of all of the application at once. Mamba was one heck of a good tool for the purpose since it was read only. Anyone have an idea where one can acquire an updated copy of it or a replacement?? The original was FREE. OH well, maybe I'll have to invent my own again. Come on JAVA!!

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA

Author: Goulet, Dick
  INET: DGoulet_at_vicr.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Apr 16 2003 - 11:04:14 CDT