RE: DBA's that tune duhveloper's SQL

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:38:40 -0800

Raj,

So what is the deal with using dbms_standard.commit. Can't say I'm familiar with it.

Jared

"Jamadagni, Rajendra" <Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com> Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 04/15/2003 12:54 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: DBA's that tune duhveloper's SQL

My favorite Q is
You have a long running transaction with a temporary table to hold data, in the middle of the transaction you clena the table by truncating the temp table and continue with the transaction ... then <variable part of the question goes here>
So far about 50% have had no clue about explosive combination of DDL and DML inside *a* transaction.
Some have told me how to commit and rollback within database trigger (by calling standard.commit) when autonomous transactions aren't permitted. As we use forms, some stunble of the difference between commit issued within a form and using standard.commit inside a form .. Raj

Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal. QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com