RE: locally managed tbs in 9i and extent sizes

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:09:01 -0800

David

   From what I see, you only have room in your tablespace for a single object. This means you can create a single table as long as it doesn't need more than 256k. If you check dba_free_space, you'll probably see that you have some space left over, but that can't be used because it won't be big enough for another 256k extent.

   My guess is that you haven't quite figured out how uniform extents work, but you are pretty close.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Ehresmann, David
  INET: David.Ehresmann_at_ps.net

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Apr 15 2003 - 16:09:01 CDT