RE: Oracle DBA(24x7) from Oracle

From: Nelson, Allan <anelson_at_midf.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 12:39:01 -0800

I would really be wary of that extra services point. You may think you have a handle on requirements for a particular IT position but unless you have considered it very carefully indeed you will probably miss a number of small but convenient things that this position would do that will all be extra costs or imposed on you if Oracle has a contract. Consider that Oracle negotiates these contracts frequently and you do not. Consider who might have the advantage under those circumstances. I used to work for a nameless, infamous outsourcing company and while this not exactly the same situation it is similar. Over a period of the contract I never found anyone happy with the way contract administration went, myself included.

Allan

Author: Arun Annamalai
  INET: oracle_at_shakaboom.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Copying, forwarding or distributing this message by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer. This email may have been monitored for policy compliance. [021216]

Author: Nelson, Allan
  INET: anelson_at_midf.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Apr 15 2003 - 15:39:01 CDT