RE: DBA's that tune duhveloper's SQL

From: Chris Berry <compjma_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:18:36 -0800

>From: Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us
>Geez - if you didn't find any in the last round and you are going to be
>more
>demanding this time - how will you find anyone ever. I am surely missing
>something. Perhaps the good news is that DBA's who understand these
>concepts will have more job security as they will be required to fix more
>things - not the job security one would wish but ....

Perhaps you should consider hiring some that you think are decent coders in general but lack rdbms experience and training them to do things your way.

Chris Berry
compjma_at_hotmail.com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." -- Duke Leto Atreides

Author: Chris Berry
  INET: compjma_at_hotmail.com