Listener

From: <CSP2201_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:44:06 -0800

Hi Gurus,

We have four database instances, three of them are using Oracle8i and one using Oracle9i. Presently, the listener service is using Oracle8i binaries. Due to some issues with Intelligent Agent, we want to migrate/upgrade the listener service to Oracle9i. All the databases are accessed all the time and there are active connections to all these databases. My question is, if I quickly stop the listener and start the listener using Oracle9i environment, will there be any disruption to the connections which are already made to the database? Will the effect be limited to the connections if any made during the duration between the shutting down the listener and starting up the new listener? Please help me understand the effect of this plan.

OS : Sun Solaris 32bit.
Oracle: Oracle8i (8.1.7.4) and Oracle9i (9.2.0.1)

Thanks a lot in advance!
CP

Try AOL and get 1045 hours FREE for 45 days! http://free.aol.com/tryaolfree/index.adp?375380

Get AOL Instant Messenger 5.1 for FREE! Download Now! http://aim.aol.com/aimnew/Aim/register.adp?promo=380455

  INET: CSP2201_at_netscape.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Apr 14 2003 - 15:44:06 CDT