Re: Oracle universal installer and win2k

From: Chris Berry <compjma_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:08:57 -0800

>From: Antje.Sackwitz_at_ppi.de
>I tried to install Oracle 9.2.0.1 on my Win2k machine. The installer aborts
>without error after splash screen with choice of Oracle_Home is shown. I
>read about problems of installer with Pentium 4, but I have a Pentium 3
>(800
>Mhz) in
>my machine. I was able to install Oracle 9.0.1 successfully on my computer,
>but had already problems with the installer of 9.0.2 - which I did not
>investigate further as I downloaded 9.2.0 from OTN.
>I tried to use the old installer but it is universal installer version 2.1
>and universal installer version 2.2.5 or higher is required.
>
>Are any similar problems - and a workaround - known? Search on Metalink
>was
>not successful.

Is it a Celeron processor? There is a known bug related to that. If it is, let me know and I can pass along the fix.

Chris Berry
compjma_at_hotmail.com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." -- Duke Leto Atreides

Author: Chris Berry
  INET: compjma_at_hotmail.com