Re:RMAN after Upgrade to 8.1.7.4

From: <rabbit_at_emirates.net.ae>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 03:43:36 -0800

Firstly the ownership of RMAN is not with me but with another DBA, but I am concerned.
We have updated our Prod databases to 8.1.7.4 from 8.1.6. The RMAN Database is currently 8.1.6
When I connect to RMAN I see 'Recovery Manager: Release 8.1.6.0.0 - Production'.
I am trying to restore a database (8.1.6 i.e. pre upgrade) to an alternate host and I am getting ORA-600 errors when I resetlogs and Im also worried that the PRODUCTION 8.1.7 is not getting backed up by RMAN correctly. I do recall that apparently 8.1.6 rman database cannot back up 8.1.7 - is that correct. The DBA for RMAN assures us that it can.
Can anyone give me a heads up on this.
Thanks
Sam

  INET: rabbit_at_emirates.net.ae

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Apr 14 2003 - 06:43:36 CDT