Tnsnames.ora Entry -- Explanation ???

From: Prem Khanna J <jprem_at_kssnet.co.jp>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 22:33:35 -0800

Guys ,

I have newly installed oracle 8.1.6 on Win2K Adv. Server ( DELL 6450 P3 Xeon server). i did not do any changes to it after installation.

i found the lines below in my TNSNAMES.ORA

LISTENER_MEMB =
  (ADDRESS_LIST =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = m2db10)(PORT = 21717))   )

Does anyone have entries like the above in tnsnames.ora ? what does this mean which is usually not found in all other installations of the same ?

This is the a part of LISTENER.ORA (just for your reference)

LISTENER =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =
      (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = m2db10)(PORT = 21717))
      )
      (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
      )

    )
  )

Please throw some light on this.