RE: Possible to dynamically remove hints?

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:48:50 -0800

I just plugged some in some keywords and googled the answer, and posted some likely looking candidates.

I'm not likely to read those sites too closely unless there's some personal interest there.

Just trying to offer ideas.

Jared

Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com> Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 04/10/2003 12:53 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Possible to dynamically remove hints?

Maybe I'm missing something, but of the three products mentioned below, only one seems to be able to "intercept" the SQL call and replace it with a better SQL call, which is what would be required. All of them can examine a SQL statement and suggest alternatives, but you would need to change the source code to implement the best alternative.

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com