RE: Possible to dynamically remove hints?

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:24:05 -0800

Yup, I originally wanted to use CS=F, but not on 8.1.7.2.0, which is what is installed by the vendor's install. No, I take that back -- Oracle is not installed; it is copied to disk. Since it isn't installed with the Oracle Installer, it's also not patchable to 8.1.7.4.0, which is the minimum version I'm comfortable with for CS=F, due to some of those nasty side effects you referenced (e.g. wrong data returned in specific queries, etc).

And yes while most of the query would be static, the number of items in the IN clause would vary greatly. And I don't think creating over 1300 plans is the answer... :)

Thanks,
Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse_at_qtiworld.com           Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Apr 10 2003 - 15:24:05 CDT