RE: max open cursors case

From: Nelson Flores <nflores_at_intec.cl>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 15:58:49 -0800

Luckily for me i am the project Manager of a team of developers, and I am also the DBA, so I get to do exactly as I please :) I just have to agree with myself (here comes the Schizophrenia again...) It always helps for the DBA to have notions of SW development, and for the developers not to be so DB ignorant :)
If this doesn't happen then the arguing starts :) Although in a critical database the DBA should be (IS???) always right...

Nelson Flores
Project Managet
INTEC -----Mensaje original-----
De: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com [mailto:Jared.Still_at_radisys.com] Enviado el: Miércoles, 09 de Abril de 2003 15:04 Para: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Asunto: RE: max open cursors case

email strikes again...

But, some developers are geniuses, and some DBA's are morons.

Jared

Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com> Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 04/09/2003 10:49 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: max open cursors case

Jared et al.:
My list was supposed to be two things:
a tongue-in-cheek description of problems that developers come to DBAs with. Some of the issues I think are valid problems and some are not. Normalization, for example, is something that will need to be explained and justified to developers without an RDBMS background. But the main purpose of my post was to (I hope) give people pause and think, not only of things that developers should improve, but things that a DBA could do to improve the relationship with developers. Not all developers are morons and not all DBAs are geniuses.

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

Author: Nelson  Flores
  INET: nflores_at_intec.cl