RE: RMAN restore question

From: Spears, Brian <BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 12:49:35 -0800

you could use the -- set time until ...use RMan to do the restore set until time "to_date($DB_DATETIME,'YYYY-MM-DD:HH24:MI:SS')"; do it right in the run{ command

You could just do the RESTORE DATABASE but leave off the RECOVER DATABASE at the and..then go to SQLplus and finish up with the media recovery and recover
rolling the logs forward.

Or do a point in time recovery in RMAN before the last backup or incremental was
taken and a RMAn will have to get the previous backup.

Brian Spears

Author: Gary Jackson
  INET: fred_fred_1_at_hotmail.com

Author: Spears, Brian
  INET: BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Apr 09 2003 - 15:49:35 CDT