Re: Try Again: Loading Data with "Return" key from SQL Loader - is it possible ?

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 11:08:51 -0800

Why not use the format:

SERV_LONG_DESC varchar2(1000) TERMINATED BY '}' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'

Yechiel Adar
Mehish

  Nice Idea! Thanks Yechiel. It's start working now. I use (not equal to) TERMINATOR instead of those whitespaces.

  Just one more confusion here. It looks like SQL Loader will only allow to load 250 text long with those whitespace in it. Any text longer than that will be dropped even the table designs as Varchar2(2000), and SUBSTR doesn't seem handle it. Is it true?

  LOAD DATA
  INFILE AHD_BILLING.DAT "str '\n'"
  REPLACE
  CONTINUEIF LAST != '}'
  INTO TABLE C_AHD_FEED
    WHEN TICKET_NUM != ' '
    FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'     TRAILING NULLCOLS (

   TICKET_NUM      position (*+1) char,
   ASSET_NUM       NULLIF ASSET_NUM = BLANKS,
   TIMEZONE,

   SERV_END_TIME,
   SERV_LONG_DESC TERMINATED BY '}' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' "SUBSTR(:SERV_LONG_DESC, 1, 1000)"         )

  Thanks again

  Steven

   Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il> wrote:

    Hello Steven

    0D0A is end of record - carriage return + line feed. The 20 is probably a blank at the start of the next line. I think that you need to check "continue if last not equal ')' ".

    Yechiel Adar
    Mehish

      Thanks, Igor and all !

      I got the hex number out '0D0A20' alright, now it comes the new problem. It looks like there are 3 characters combined. But the compare text in CONTINUEIF LAST can only be one character. Therefore it always generate error. Any other ideas?

      LOAD DATA
      INFILE AHD_BILLING.DAT
      REPLACE
      CONTINUEIF LAST  = X'0D0A20'                --- incorrect
      INTO TABLE C_AHD_FEED
        WHEN TICKET_NUM != ' '
        FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'
        TRAILING NULLCOLS   .....

      Thanks again and cheers

      Steven

       Igor Neyman <ineyman_at_perceptron.com> wrote:

        select rawtohex(<your_column>) from <your_table>

        Igor

            Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 08:10:18 -0700 (PDT)
            From: WLSH
            To: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

            Hello, List:
            I'm doing a load from SQL loader to DB Table. One field of data
            (SERV_LONG_DESC) contains "RETURN" data. Is it possible to load it into
            table? I'm not sure if SQL Loader can load from different lines. If not,
            any other options I can do this ? The pure SERV_LONG_DESC field alone will be like:
            (( REQUESTOR_NAME= Janet Abell
            REQUESTOR_PHONE_NUMBER= 215.234.9852
            FROM_ASSET_ID= CSC272002
            hERE IS A COMMENT
            MANUFACTURER= DELL
            MODEL_NUMBER= DELLATLP
            NEEDED_DATE=
            NEEDED_TIME=
            FROM_USER_NAME= Mary Abbott
            FROM_ASSET_DESCRIPTION_TEXT= Default system type
            FROM_FACILITY= DV-Y5-Y5
            FROM_LOCATION= DV-Y5-Y5-22-NA-Unkno
            REQUESTING_DEPARTMENT= DEPT
            PROGRAM_NAME=
            CATALOG_ID=
            SR_DESCRIPTION_TEXT= SURPLUS THIS ASSET
            SR_COMMENTS_TEXT=DO THE PREFIELD ))
            A complete one record will be like:
            {"AA3861111","2342123","RC","AA","LGA", "01", "FRONT OFFC","20010101".
            "011100","REQUESTOR_NAME= Janet Abell
            REQUESTOR_PHONE_NUMBER= 215.234.9852
            FROM_ASSET_ID= CSC272002
            hERE IS A COMMENT
            MANUFACTURER= DELL
            MODEL_NUMBER= DELLATLP
            NEEDED_DATE=
            NEEDED_TIME=
            FROM_USER_NAME= Mary Abbott
            FROM_ASSET_DESCRIPTION_TEXT= Default system type
            FROM_FACILITY= DV-Y5-Y! ! ! ! ! 5
            FROM_LOCATION= DV-Y5-Y5-22-NA-Unkno
            REQUESTING_DEPARTMENT= DEPT
            PROGRAM_NAME=
            CATALOG_ID=
            SR_DESCRIPTION_TEXT= SURPLUS THIS ASSET
            SR_COMMENTS_TEXT=DO THE PREFIELD"}
            My current control file:

            LOAD DATA
            INFILE AHD_BILLING.DAT
            REPLACE
            INTO TABLE C_AHD_FEED
            FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'
            TRAILING NULLCOLS
            ( TICKET_NUM position (*+1) char,
            ASSET_NUM NULLIF ASSET_NUM = BLANKS,
            ADJUSTMENT_IND CONSTANT 'N',
            BILL_FLAG CONSTANT 'N',
            DIVISION,
            PLANT ,
            BUILDING,
            FLOOR ,
            AREA ,
            SERV_START_DATE "to_date(:SERV_START_DATE||:SERV_START_TIME,'yyyymmdd
            HH24:MI:SS')",
            SERV_START_TIME,
            SERV_LONG_DESC TERMINATED BY '}' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'
            )

Author: Yechiel Adar
  INET: adar76_at_inter.net.il