RE: Migrating from MS Access to oracle

From: Pardee, Roy E <roy.e.pardee_at_lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 10:33:52 -0800

I've never used it, but oracle has a Migration Workbench product that is supposed to do such things. See

<http://otn.oracle.com/tech/migration/focusareas/access.html>

If you can't use that for whatever reason, the advice below sounds good to me. If you've got designer or ERWin or some such program, you may be able to reverse-engineer the access db & tweak the definitions there (e.g., take spaces out of column names, impose your naming conventions, etc.) before spitting out DDL scripts to create your staging tables.

HTH,
-Roy

Roy Pardee
Programmer/Analyst
SWFPAC Lockheed Martin IT
Extension 8487

Author: sam d
  INET: sam_orafan_at_yahoo.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

Author: Pardee, Roy E
  INET: roy.e.pardee_at_lmco.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Apr 09 2003 - 13:33:52 CDT