RE: Things to validate / collect before Killing a session !!!!

From: Nelson, Allan <anelson_at_midf.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 10:19:56 -0800

Perhaps part of the ability may come from the idea that just because the session has disappeard from v$session does not necessarily mean that the data dictionary has entirely lost track of the session. This is conjectural on my part. This is from thee v$fixed_view_definition: GV$SESSION
select inst_id,addr,indx,ksuseser,ksuudses,ksusepro, ksuudlui,ksuudlna,ksuudoct,
 ksusesow, decode(ksusetrn,hextoraw('00'),null,ksusetrn), decode(ksqpswat,hextor
aw('00'),null,ksqpswat), decode(bitand(ksuseidl,11),1,'ACTIVE',0, decode(bitand(
ksuseflg,4096),0,'INACTIVE','CACHED'),2,'SNIPED',3,'SNIPED', 'KILLED'), decode(k
sspatyp,1,'DEDICATED',2,'SHARED',3,'PSEUDO','NONE'),

ksuudsid,ksuudsna,ksuseunm,
ksusepid,ksusemnm,ksusetid,ksusepnm,
decode(bitand(ksuseflg,19),17,'BACKGROUND',
1,'USER',2,'RECURSIVE','?'), ksusesql, ksusesqh, ksusepsq, ksusepha, ksuseapp, k
suseaph, ksuseact, ksuseach, ksusecli, ksusefix, ksuseobj, ksusefil, ksuseblk,

VIEW_NAME

VIEW_DEFINITION

 ksuseslt, ksuseltm, ksusectm, decode(bitand(ksusepfl, 16),0,'NO','YES'), deco
de(ksuseft, 2,'SESSION', 4,'SELECT',8,'TRANSACTIONAL','NONE'), decode(ksusefm,1,
'BASIC',2,'PRECONNECT',4,'PREPARSE','NONE'), decode(ksusefs, 1, 'YES', 'NO'), ks
usegrp, decode(bitand(ksusepfl,16),16,'ENABLED', decode(bitand(ksusepfl,32),3
2,'FORCED','DISABLED')), decode(bitand(ksusepfl,64),64,'FORCED', decode(bitan
d(ksusepfl,128),128,'DISABLED','ENABLED')), decode(bitand(ksusepfl,512),512,'FO
RCED', decode(bitand(ksusepfl,256),256,'DISABLED','ENABLED')) from x$ksuse wh
ere bitand(ksspaflg,1)!=0 and bitand(ksuseflg,1)!=0

Note the use of ksuseflg in both the select list for decoding status and it's use in the where clause to qualify the rows for the view. Now once again this is conjectural, but it seems possible that a killed row's session might remain in x$ksuse and hence available to pmon but not to v$session based on the value of this flag. BTW this is from an 8.1.7.4 instance.

Allan

Author: Jose Luis Delgado
  INET: joseluis_delgado_at_yahoo.com

command for other information (like subscribing).

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  Copying, forwarding or distributing this message by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.  This email may have been monitored for policy compliance.  [021216]

Author: Nelson, Allan
  INET: anelson_at_midf.com