Re: max open cursors case

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 07:49:25 -0800

Jayadas,

Welcome to the list.

Before you start denigrating the many fine folks on this list, you might hang around awhile and get to know them.

If you had, you would realize that this is not a DBA only list, and that there many excellent developers on this list.

I've worked with some excellent developers, and believe me, it is truly a joy. I've also worked with some real morons, those whose only incentive for getting into IT was their discovery of the IT manpower shortage and that it payed better than their then current employment as a barista.

Those morons are derisively referred to as duhvelopers, a condescending pejorative for which I will offer no apology.

What makes an excellent developer? Some or all of the following qualities are highly indicative of an excellent developer, at least from a DBA perspective. Their are many other things they need to know as well, but I'll limit to the DBA/Developer interface.

Many of these qualities apply to excellent DBA's as well.

There's more, but this covers the highlights, at least IMO.

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com