Fwd: Re: SCN scheme 3 -- clarification on

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 07:33:51 -0800

I had logged a TAR with Oracle Support on why the alert.log showed that the Database Instance was using Lamport inspite of having set max_commit_propagation_delay to 0.

The clarification I received from the Support Analyst was :

"
This is expected that it gives a message of using "Lamport SCN generation" scheme, it uses SCN server implementation.

   This is documented in the Note: 226561.1 which is a internal note and mentions the below line.

   --------------From Note:226561.1---------------    On Tru64, "Picked Lamport Server scheme to generate SCNs" is reported for MCPD < 700; this is actually a misnomer

   since it is not a Lamport implementation,and Broadcast-On-Commit is used.

   This means that Broadcast-On-Commit is used. "

Hemant

Author: Hemant K Chitale
  INET: hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg