Re: RMAN and Standard Edition with 9i

From: Chip <ocp-dba_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 22:48:36 -0800

The Oracle9i Database Feature and Option Availability chapter in "Oracle9i Database New Features" is worth reading: http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96531/ch5_edit.htm#73594

Incremental RMAN backups need an Enteprise Edition (can check V$OPTION setting).

http://www.oracle.com/ip/deploy/database/features/recovery/index.html?mediapartner.html lists all the Media Management vendors that support the RMAN MML.

Have Fun :)

Author: Chip
  INET: ocp-dba_at_earthlink.net