RE: Ora - 03113 - End of file on communication channel while runn

From: Johnson, Michael <Michael.Johnson_at_oln-afmc.af.mil>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 15:03:49 -0800

Relink ! We had the same problem.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 3:29 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L running

I am experiencing a similar problem with an insert statement and a update statement on both Oracle 9.0.1.1 and 9.2.0.3. The session core dumps. I have not had much luck finding anything about this on Metalink. On the update statement, we found two work arounds. One was disabling a foreign key constraint and the other was not to set the primary key values. We were able to get SQL*Forms to stop updating the key fields which did not change by changing a setting on the form. The insert statement has proven to be more problematic. We definitely do not want to disable the foreign key constraint even though it fixes the problem. Also, we can not avoid specifying the primary keys in a new record. I have not had time to develop a test case to submit in an iTAR yet.

Author: Krishnaswamy, Ranganath
  INET: Ranganath.Krishnaswamy_at_blr.hpsglobal.com

Author: Clark, Tommy R
  INET: TOMMY.R.CLARK_at_saic.com

Author: Johnson, Michael
  INET: Michael.Johnson_at_oln-afmc.af.mil
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Apr 08 2003 - 18:03:49 CDT