RE: Things to validate / collect before Killing a session !!!!

From: Reddy, Madhusudana <Madhusudana.Reddy_at_bestbuy.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 14:53:41 -0800

Dennis,

PMON Should clear the failed processes, and It rolls back the transaction , How can we see this rollback as the SID disappears ?? May be Oracle might spawn ( is this the correct word to use , since PARENT is gone fishing )some other session / session(s). How to identify them ?? Or is there any way to improve , I mean to decrease the rollback time by using any init.ora parameter ( PARALLEL ) ??. Do we have control ??

Correct me if I am wrong ?

Madhu Reddy