RE: Things to validate / collect before Killing a session !!!!

From: Reddy, Madhusudana <Madhusudana.Reddy_at_bestbuy.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 13:43:42 -0800

My Question is very simple , sorry to be ambiguous with my poor English...

We can kill a session either by " Alter System Kill Session ... " or by identifying the PID and use KILL command on OS Side .

Sometimes to rollback the huge transaction , Oracle keeps the session in " KILLED" status , but it wont really clear the session , unlike KILL from OS ( correct me if I am wrong ) . My question is HOW Oracle is going to rollback the transaction when we use the KILL -9 <PID> as the session immediately disappears when we query V$SESSION for SID.

And also are there any parameters in init.ora that are going to effect the Rollback ( Any Parallel Rollback ??? ).

[Madhu, Reddy]

Author: Reddy, Madhusudana
  INET: Madhusudana.Reddy_at_bestbuy.com

Author: Reddy, Madhusudana
  INET: Madhusudana.Reddy_at_bestbuy.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Apr 08 2003 - 16:43:42 CDT