Re: [Q] need help on setup ORACLE client LDAP?/

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 02:58:47 -0800

Required steps from memory:
( I did it on win2000 server)

  1. Install 9.2.0.1 and upgrade to 9.2.0.3 without building a database (to avoid upgrade).
  2. Create new database (do not use the OID database since you will need upgrade).
  3. Run oidca to create the services and default context for ID.
  4. Run directory manager and create an entry for your company.
  5. Use net configuration assistant to create additional oracle context UNDER your new entry, do not use the default context under root. It will not work with older client and also may not be supported in future versions.
  6. Use net configuration assistant to configure your station to use the new OID server.
  7. Use net manager to import all you tnsnames entries (under tools -> export).
  8. On the server that run the OID database and server create a tnsnames entry for the OID database and configure it to use first tnsnames and LDAP second. The processes that start the directory services use this entry to connect to the database.
  9. Leave the OID directory service startup in manual and use oidmon to start it.

Good luck.

Feel free to contact me if you need more advice and hopefully I will be able to help you.

BTW - I think that you need a license to use Oracle advance security for this and it can cost a lot just for tnsnames resolution.

Yechiel Adar
Mehish
Author: Yechiel Adar
  INET: adar76_at_inter.net.il