Re: A Tale of Two Servers...

From: chao_ping <chao_ping_at_vip.163.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 19:13:37 -0800

Orr, Steve,

		hi, pay attention to index clustering factors. Did you export data from server A and import it into server B?Or did you do a ctas and order by?Or try to bounce two db and try event 10046 to see the IO done by the Server.
        And in oracle 9i 9.2.0.2+, there is detailed cost in every step of the execution path like, maybe this helps you find t he difference :)

select view_count
from
 pdtviewcount where product_id= 23570987

call count cpu elapsed disk query current rows ------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

Parse        1      0.02       0.02          0          0          0           0
Execute      1      0.00       0.00          0          0          0           0
Fetch        1      0.00       0.01          3          3          0           0
------- ------  -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------  ----------
total        3      0.02       0.04          3          3          0           0

Misses in library cache during parse: 1
Optimizer goal: CHOOSE
Parsing user id: 26

Rows Row Source Operation

-------  ---------------------------------------------------
      0  INDEX UNIQUE SCAN OBJ#(6234) (cr=3 r=3 w=0 time=19853 us)(object id 6234)

>>pay attenttion to the cost of the above sql.

Elapsed times include waiting on following events:

  Event waited on                             Times   Max. Wait  Total Waited
  ----------------------------------------   Waited  ----------  ------------
  SQL*Net message to client                       1        0.00          0.00
  global cache cr request                         2        0.00          0.00
  db file sequential read                         3        0.00          0.01
  SQL*Net message from client                     1        1.77          1.77

Regards
zhu chao
msn:chao_ping_at_163.com
www.cnoug.org(China Oracle User Group)