Re: AutoDBA

From: Don Granaman <granaman_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 17:38:38 -0800

Yes, I remember that session and its aftermath well. I also was repeatedly asked (harassed?) by Insession to consider AutoDBA. I rather reluctantly said I would evaluate a trial version and asked them to send it to me. They said that they couldn't do that - first they had to come and do a presentation to upper management, then they would "send in a team" to install the trial software. They were obviously trying to do the hard sell to upper management before I could even see it. The sales tactics alone were enough for me to permanently give it the garlic necklace and raised cross treatment.

I think the first question that should be asked is "What do you need?", not "What will <some product> do?"

-Don Granaman
certified OraSaurus

Author: Don Granaman
  INET: granaman_at_cox.net