From: WLSH <wlsh1961_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 08:08:49 -0800

Hello, List:
I'm doing a load from SQL loader to DB Table. One field of data (SERV_LONG_DESC) contains "RETURN" data. Is it possible to load it into table? I'm not sure if SQL Loader can load from different lines. If not, any other options I can do this ? The pure SERV_LONG_DESC field alone will be like: (( REQUESTOR_NAME= Janet Abell

   REQUESTOR_PHONE_NUMBER= 215.234.9852
   FROM_ASSET_ID= CSC272002
  hERE IS A COMMENT
   MANUFACTURER= DELL
   MODEL_NUMBER= DELLATLP
   NEEDED_DATE=
   NEEDED_TIME=

   FROM_USER_NAME= Mary Abbott
   FROM_ASSET_DESCRIPTION_TEXT= Default system type
   FROM_FACILITY= DV-Y5-Y5
   FROM_LOCATION= DV-Y5-Y5-22-NA-Unkno

   REQUESTING_DEPARTMENT= DEPT
   PROGRAM_NAME=
   CATALOG_ID=
   SR_DESCRIPTION_TEXT= SURPLUS THIS ASSET    SR_COMMENTS_TEXT=DO THE PREFIELD ))
A complete one record will be like:
{"AA3861111","2342123","RC","AA","LGA", "01", "FRONT OFFC","20010101". "011100","REQUESTOR_NAME= Janet Abell

   REQUESTOR_PHONE_NUMBER= 215.234.9852
   FROM_ASSET_ID= CSC272002
  hERE IS A COMMENT
   MANUFACTURER= DELL
   MODEL_NUMBER= DELLATLP
   NEEDED_DATE=
   NEEDED_TIME=

   FROM_USER_NAME= Mary Abbott
   FROM_ASSET_DESCRIPTION_TEXT= Default system type
   FROM_FACILITY= DV-Y5-Y5
   FROM_LOCATION= DV-Y5-Y5-22-NA-Unkno

   REQUESTING_DEPARTMENT= DEPT
   PROGRAM_NAME=
   CATALOG_ID=
   SR_DESCRIPTION_TEXT= SURPLUS THIS ASSET    SR_COMMENTS_TEXT=DO THE PREFIELD"} My current control file:

LOAD DATA
INFILE AHD_BILLING.DAT
REPLACE
INTO TABLE C_AHD_FEED
  FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'   TRAILING NULLCOLS
      ( TICKET_NUM position (*+1) char,
 ASSET_NUM NULLIF ASSET_NUM = BLANKS,
 ADJUSTMENT_IND CONSTANT 'N',
 BILL_FLAG CONSTANT 'N',
 DIVISION,
 PLANT ,
 BUILDING,
 FLOOR ,
 AREA ,
 SERV_START_DATE  "to_date(:SERV_START_DATE||:SERV_START_TIME,'yyyymmdd HH24:MI:SS')",
 SERV_START_TIME,
 SERV_LONG_DESC TERMINATED BY '}' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'
      )

Author: WLSH
  INET: wlsh1961_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Apr 07 2003 - 11:08:49 CDT