Re: RMAN Catalog: 1 vs. many - Opinions

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 23:48:36 -0800

RE: RMAN Catalog: 1 vs. many - OpinionsYou should also stagger the backup jobs due to the workload on the tape system. We had recently a failed backup that was diagnosed as overload on the tape system.

Yechiel Adar
Mehish

  Deepak

  -I think the backup and mirroring address the issues of single point of failure. Therefore, the I think the consensus was use as few as possible RMAN catalogs - the only issue being locking and contention (performance of the catalog itself).

  Oracle OCP DBA

  Author: Deepak Sharma
    INET: sharmakdeep_at_yahoo.com
  To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message   to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in   the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L   (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may   also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).
Author: Yechiel Adar
  INET: adar76_at_inter.net.il