RE: Importing Schema getting compilation errors on some

From: Scott Stefick <sstefick_at_harpercollege.edu>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 15:26:00 -0800

To answer the previous questions:

  1. No (That was the problem)
  2. Yes
  3. Yes

Thanks so much. It's working now. granted execute on dbms_office to famis and that did it.

Maybe it's the fact that I'm a newbie, but I assumed the grants would come over with the import. I think I understand what happened now. The grants on the objects that "famis" owns come over with the import, not any of the grants for objects outside of that schema. I think about it now and I'm like "Damn that makes total sense!" I don't know why I assumed that famis would get the grants from all of the other objects, that "doesn't make sense to me now".

Rick, if you're ever in the Chicago area, I'll have to buy you a beer (or whatever you prefer).

Also, thanks to everyone who helped me.
Rick Weiss
Darrell Landrum
Stephane Faroult