Re: Importing Schema getting compilation errors on some

From: Darrell Landrum <DLANDRUM_at_zalecorp.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 14:53:45 -0800

There's probably many more causes for this than I am aware, but most of the occasions when I have seen an "identifier blah.blah must be declared" was when I was logged in as the wrong user trying to compile the procedure.

>>> sstefick_at_harpercollege.edu 04/04/03 04:24PM >>>

Here is the output of the show errors command (which I didn't know about...
Thanks).

SQL> show errors trigger famis_pr_status_insert Errors for TRIGGER FAMIS_PR_STATUS_INSERT:

LINE/COL ERROR

106/32   PLS-00201: identifier 'MAILER.DBMS_OFFICE' must be declared
106/32   PL/SQL: Statement ignored
180/32   PLS-00201: identifier 'MAILER.DBMS_OFFICE' must be declared
180/32   PL/SQL: Statement ignored

SQL> SQL> show errors trigger famis_req_insert Errors for TRIGGER FAMIS_REQ_INSERT:

LINE/COL ERROR

187/21   PLS-00201: identifier 'MAILER.DBMS_OFFICE' must be declared
187/21   PL/SQL: Statement ignored
264/25   PLS-00201: identifier 'MAILER.DBMS_OFFICE' must be declared
264/25   PL/SQL: Statement ignored
339/25   PLS-00201: identifier 'MAILER.DBMS_OFFICE' must be declared
339/25   PL/SQL: Statement ignored
416/24   PLS-00201: identifier 'MAILER.DBMS_OFFICE' must be declared
416/24   PL/SQL: Statement ignored

SQL>

I'm guessing it's a problem with DBMS_OFFICE and not with the trigger after
seeing this.

-Scott

Author: Scott Stefick
  INET: sstefick_at_harpercollege.edu