Re: Autoallocate vs Uniform extent performance

From: Steve Perry <sperry_at_sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 15:18:54 -0800

I totally agree Gaja.

I support a SAP BW system and they create tables with a 100 of partitions and only load 24 of them. With autoallocate, most of them are small (64k) and space is not wasted. If they do decide to load them up, I'm still safe because the extent size increase as the object grows.

I'm don't advocate of autoallocate for everything because I can't determine the next extent, but this is one place where it's better than uniform.

I also have some uniform LMTs for larger tables that I migrate to when tables get too big.

Steve

Author: Steve Perry
  INET: sperry_at_sprynet.com