Do we have INSTANTIATE command in 9i Dataguard as in Oracle8i DG?

From: <CSP2201_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 11:09:00 -0800

Hi All,

I have been trying to upgrade our Oracle environment which is presently using Oracle8i with DataGuard setup, using the GUI based - DataGuard Manager, but so far not been successful, I am constantly and consistently getting "DataGuard Remote Process startup failed", even though, I have followed all the instructions given in various metalink documents.

Now, I want to give up using the GUI to setup/recreate the standby databasse, and want use something similar to INSTANTIATE command, we had in Oracle8i Dataguard 3.0.2 to create the standby environment. I looked up the documentation and couldn't find a similar command in Oracle9i Dataguard documents. Do we have some thing similar?

Please help with this. INSTANTIATE command is/was really great, there should be one (may be with different name) in Oracle9i.

Thanks in advance.
CP

Try AOL and get 1045 hours FREE for 45 days! http://free.aol.com/tryaolfree/index.adp?375380

Get AOL Instant Messenger 5.1 for FREE! Download Now! http://aim.aol.com/aimnew/Aim/register.adp?promo=380455

  INET: CSP2201_at_netscape.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Apr 03 2003 - 13:09:00 CST