RE: Remote DBA

From: Nelson Flores <nflores_at_intec.cl>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 10:53:47 -0800

Chris,
No i haven´t tried TightVNC... I'll go and check it out ... Also I forgot to mention that there is an excellent client SW that permits a Linux/unix box to connect to a Windows 2000 Terminal Server. If anyone is interested, go to http://www.rdesktop.org/.. Pretty impressed with it ... :)

Nelson Flores
Project Manager
INTEC -----Mensaje original-----
De: Jesse, Rich [mailto:Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com] Enviado el: Jueves, 03 de Abril de 2003 10:54 Para: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Asunto: RE: Remote DBA

Nelson, have you tried the free TightVNC from http://www.tightvnc.com ? It has a few performance features that seem to work slightly better than the standard VNC, especially over "slower" links like VPN over a 768Kb DSL. I've been about as happy as I can be with TightVNC for my setup.

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse_at_qtiworld.com           Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

De: Chris Berry [mailto:compjma_at_hotmail.com] Enviado el: Miércoles, 02 de Abril de 2003 19:09 Para: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Asunto: RE: Remote DBA

I do both platforms, my recommendation is OpenSSH + VNC, they work great, they're free, and they're available for both platforms.

Chris Berry
compjma_at_hotmail.com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com

Author: Nelson Flores
  INET: nflores_at_intec.cl
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Apr 03 2003 - 12:53:47 CST