RE: dbshut script - shutdown or shutdown immediate

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 10:49:16 -0800

Precisely.
I am trying to propose the abort option, but I am not the majority around this place I call work.. :)

On a more than dozen times in the last few months, I had to kill oracle processes to get the database to shutdown (with immediate), so the scheduled reboot of the machine will continue... And on a number of occasions, the Sunday reboot actually took the server down (and brought it up) on Monday mornings.... when users complained that they could not get to databases that were shutdown properly with 'shutdown immediate'.....

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com