RE: OT- Start a process after oracle on Win 2K

From: O'Neill, Sean <Sean.ONeill_at_organon.ie>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 00:48:48 -0800

Peter,

An option you might want to investigate writing your script command file, using the W2K resource kit utility, (can't think of it's name right now, to convert it to a service. Set service to startup automatically and then create a dependency on Oracle service for this new service to prevent it starting a head of Oracle.

Haven't tried above myself but as with lots of MS stuff the theory is there ;)

Seán O' Neill
Organon (Ireland) Ltd.
[subscribed: digest mode]

>>From: Peter.McLarty_at_mincom.com
>> Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 22:28:28 +1000
>> Subject: OT- Start a process after oracle on Win 2K
>>
>>Hi
>>Slightly OT
>>I have a couple of programs that need to be run after Oracle has started
>>and want to run them without a user logging in.
>>The likely place seems to be in the scheduled tasks running at startup or
>>as a program under the local run key in the registry.
>>
>>The processes are a couple of scripts and I would envisage running them as

>>a batch file
>>What is best?

This message, including attached files, may contain confidential information and is intended only for the use by the individual and/or the entity to which it is addressed. Any unauthorized use, dissemination of, or copying of the information contained herein is not allowed and may lead to irreparable harm and damage for which you may be held liable. If you receive this message in error or if it is intended for someone else please notify the sender by returning this e-mail immediately and delete the message.
Author: O'Neill, Sean
  INET: Sean.ONeill_at_organon.ie