Re: dbshut script - shutdown or shutdown immediate

From: GovindanK <mail2gkatteri_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 14:39:04 -0800

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A81042_01/DOC/server.816/a76956/onlinere.htm#3981 would be nice reference.
What i was trying to communicate was this: If the log is not multiplexed and the only log member is not avbl for writing then LGWR cannot write and the db instance will go down. However, if it is multiplexed then an error will be logged to the alert.log but the db will continue to function. I agree this has nothing to do with the arch/noarch mode but one has to have the log files multiplexed to get out of such scenarios.

HTH GovindanK

--
|XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX|
|You should treat others the way you want to be treated - Mahatma Gandhi|

__________________________________________________________________ Try AOL and get 1045 hours FREE for 45 days! http://free.aol.com/tryaolfree/index.adp?375380 Get AOL Instant Messenger 5.1 for FREE! Download Now! http://aim.aol.com/aimnew/Aim/register.adp?promo=380455 -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: GovindanK INET: mail2gkatteri_at_netscape.net Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).