RE: invalid dbms_shared_pool

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 14:28:38 -0800

You don't say what version, but I've seen many SYS packages go invalid in 8.1.x on HP/UX, especially after patching or installing a new option/feature like Oracle Text. I've found that attempting to revalidate them either by hand or by running ?/rdbms/admin/utlrp.sql is futile. One gets fixed and five others break. Fix those five and three more break. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

For better or worse, the only way I've been able to consistently fix this is to take the brute force approach and rerun the ?/rdbms/admin/whatever.sql script that created the packages that are now invalid in the order in which they were originally run when the DB was created. Depending on which packages, this may be best left to off-hours.

GL!

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse_at_qtiworld.com           Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Apr 02 2003 - 16:28:38 CST