RE: RMAN question.... (figured out if anywone is interested)....w

From: Chris Stephens <ChrisStephens_at_affina.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 08:08:57 -0800

Apparently the command:

backup database format '/oracle_backup/ASTU/%U' (current controlfile);

..........places the controlfile in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs, but:

backup database format '/oracle_backup/ASTU/%U' include current controlfile;

..........places the contrlofile in the specified directory along with all other backup pieces.

Thanks for all input.

Chris

And now for the next step...

.....anyone have a script handy to query the catalog directly and validate all backups ran successfully and send the info of success/failure in an email?

.....Thanks!

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

Author: Chris Stephens
  INET: ChrisStephens_at_affina.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Apr 02 2003 - 10:08:57 CST