RE: OT- Start a process after oracle on Win 2K

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 06:18:36 -0800

If you want no user to log in, you may wish to start your database in restricted mode (and use an account which has the appropriate privilege to log into Oracle if you have to). The snag is that you have to issue an ALTER DATABASE once your job is done. Another solution, assuming that your programs run on the server and all users connect from elsewhere, is to run your programs after the database has been started but before the listener is.

 'local run key in the registry' is Greek to me ... :-)

Regards,

Stephane Faroult
Oriole

Author: Stephane Faroult