RE: AIX 5L - what is it?

From: Rich Holland <holland_at_guidancetech.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 19:03:36 -0800

5L is the designation for "Linux affinity". The output of 'oslevel -r' will tell you your release and maintenance level. For example, 5100-02 means you're running AIX 5L 5.1 maint level 02.

The reason there are two different downloads is that 64-bit code is OS dependant; 64-bit 4.3.x code is NOT binary compatible with the 5.x 64-bit operating environment. All 32-bit code is compatible.

Rich

Author: Rich Holland
  INET: holland_at_guidancetech.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Mar 31 2003 - 21:03:36 CST