RE: RMAN question....

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:43:38 -0800

Chris - Do you have any more details on the files you deleted that you felt were snapshot control files? How large?

I may be incredibly stupid, but for the life of me I can't figure out why you would ask RMAN to restore your controlfile from backup. Was it corrupt? I would assume bad things could happen if you did that. I could see backing it up just to be safe. Was this a test database? Anyway I'm always willing to learn.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com