How to use rPerf to estimate a partitioned server capabilities

From: Gurelei <gurelei_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:53:50 -0800

Hi.

I'm trying to see whether a logical partition of a IBM server will have enough resources to support our databse based on the size of the DB. In the past the way I did it was to take an rperf, multipy by 100-125M and see whether it will exceed my estimate for a DB size (as suggested in IBM REd book). This time around we are going to get a logical partition of a p690 server. The question that I face now is how do I get the value of an rperf. For example, the rperf for 8CPUs is 12.72. If we get 4CPU, do I use 6.36 for the rperf (that is half of 12.72)? Or should I use some other number? Has anyone been through this process before and has any insight?

thanks

Gene

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop! http://platinum.yahoo.com

Author: Gurelei
  INET: gurelei_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Mar 31 2003 - 15:53:50 CST