RE: Rman disk and tape work

From: Spears, Brian <BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:38:52 -0800

I am using RMan with and without the Catalog...

 if the Catalog goes down..my backups and restores just

switch to Nocatalog mode and keep on ticking..

My goal is to restore/recovery just a backup that resides on tape rather than accessing the Disk copies...

 I guess that Rman at least with the Catalog knows of both...

 What would the command be to only recover using the tape media

 backups...????

 I think Rman doesn't directly give you that option(RTM)... so I was wondering
 if somebody knew a work around to Force RMAN and the Catalog to only  recover from the Tape backups.

Brian Spears

Author: Spears, Brian
  INET: BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

Author: Spears, Brian
  INET: BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Mar 31 2003 - 11:38:52 CST