Re: copying datafile nt4-w2k

From: Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 11:38:39 -0800

Presuming this is a cold backup. I recall trying it about a year or so ago with a hot backup and had a problem with recovery not knowing when to stop - it kept wanting more log files.

>>> jkstill_at_cybcon.com 3/28/03 1:43:41 PM >>>

Certainly possible.

I'm currently copying 8.0 files on NT to Win2k servers with 8.1.7 installed. Rebuild the controlfile, open the database and upgrade. Works great.

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com

Author: Jeffrey Beckstrom