RE: Oracle Jobs not restarting after upgrade

From: Nicoll, Iain <IAIN.D.NICOLL_at_saic.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:34:51 -0800

dbms_job.run ?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 28 March 2003 17:09
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Solaris 5.8 Oracle 8.1.6 upgrade to 9.2

We are testing an upgrade of Oracle from 8.1.6 to 9.2. There are several oracle jobs scheduled on this DB. Before we started the upgrade, all the jobs were broken (execute dbms_job.broken(201, true). The upgrade to 8.1.7 was done and then the migrate/upgrade to 9.2.0 was done. The jobs were then unbroken execute dbms_job.broken(201, false). But the jobs are not running. A select shows that the jobs are no longer broken, but is also shows that the last date they ran was just before the upgrade, with the next_date showing as the time it would have been scheduled before the upgrade. (I.e, if it ran on the first and was a daily job, it's next_date would be the second). We have tried issuing a change for the next date, but all that does is show a new next_date, it does not make the jobs run.

Is there a way to make these jobs start running again. I have looked in the manuals, but either I am missing something obvious, or am not looking in the right place. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. TIA.

Terry Ball, DBA
Birch Telecom
Work: 816-300-1335
FAX: 816-300-1800

Author: Ball, Terry
  INET: TBall_at_birch.com

Author: Nicoll, Iain
  INET: IAIN.D.NICOLL_at_saic.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Mar 28 2003 - 11:34:51 CST