Re: Upgrade to AIX 5.2

From: Joan Hsieh <joan.hsieh_at_tufts.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:43:34 -0800

Kirti,

I did some home work toward our near future upgrading from aix 4.3.3 to 5.1 and 817.4-32 bit to 9i2-64 bit. (8 servers) Note:206569.1 and Note:223521.1 on which said
  -When running oracle8i 32-bit on aix 5l, the machine must be booted with the
  32-bit kernel. this restriction doesn't apply to oracle 9.2 64-bit. Is that
  mean 9i-64 bit can coexist with 8.1.7 32-bit with the 32-bit kernet on aiz 5L? I opened a tar with oracle support, want to clear that out. I thought 817 and 9i can not coexisted on aix 5L.

Thanks,

joan

Author: Joan Hsieh
  INET: joan.hsieh_at_tufts.edu