Re: OT: uuencode adding characters

From: Chris Berry <compjma_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:39:09 -0800

>From: "Saira Somani" <saira_somani_at_yahoo.com>
>AIX 4.3.3
>ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0
>
>I have a spooled report from an SQL script which I am e-mailing, also
>from a script using the uuencode utility.
>
>The spooled report looks fine but once it is e-mailed, it looks funny
>with carriage return characters added everywhere (I have line feeds in
>the report for ease of readability). I think maybe the uuencode is
>messing it up(?)
>
>Users of this report will likely open it up in Notepad and get confused
>- or worse, complain.
>
>Anyone else have the same issues?

No, but you could easily write a perl script to clean it up, take about 3 lines of code.

Chris Berry
compjma_at_hotmail.com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." -- Duke Leto Atreides

Author: Chris Berry
  INET: compjma_at_hotmail.com