RE: Configuring Oracle with RAID and OFA

From: Hitchman, Peter <peter.hitchman_at_derwent.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:03:37 -0800

Hi,
Dwayne I agree with Rachel's comments. In the past I have laid out databases on RAID1+0, and there are some documents available indicating that this is the disk layout of choice for databases. Now I am faced with SAN and no say in how the disks are configured. So I have just created the normal set of directories, so that I don't have all the files lumped together from a file system perspective. Of course I would really like some separate disks for online redo logs and the archive logs, but I am not going to get them!

Regards

Pete

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: wisernet100_at_yahoo.com