RE: Configuring Oracle with RAID and OFA

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 05:43:38 -0800

Dwayne

   So you have a single RAID set, or 5 separate devices? You might have a test database on a single RAID set, but you shouldn't do that in production. First, multiple control files on separate devices. Redo should write to a non-RAID device since it continuously writes. Past that it depends on how much performance this system requires.

   Gaja and Kirti explain this nicely in Oracle Performance Tuning 101.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Dwayne Cox
  INET: dwaynec_at_infotechfl.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Mar 27 2003 - 07:43:38 CST