RE: Unable to connect to OMS on Redhat 8.0 server.

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:23:46 -0800

Very simple. $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbsnmp is s..wed up. It's owned by oracle while it should be owned
by root. Do this:
 chown root:dba $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbsnmp  chmod 6750 $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbsnmp

It wil work afterwards. Here is the source:

The ST Alert team published
<http://webiv.oraclecorp.com/cgi-bin/webiv/do.pl/Get?WwwID=note:232938.1>
<Note:232938.1> ALERT: 9.2.0.3 Patchset Install on Unix Does Not Set
Permission of dbsnmp Correctly BUG:2858326 today. If you have comments or questions regarding this alert please post a WebIV Remark, or, contact the author <mailto:guido.tijskens_at_oracle.com> directly.

Article-ID: <
<http://webiv.oraclecorp.com/cgi-bin/webiv/do.pl/Get?WwwID=note:232938.1>
Note:232938.1>Circulation:
<http://webiv.oraclecorp.com/cgi-bin/webiv/do.pl/Get?WwwID=Help:KRSTATUS.PUB
LISHED> PUBLISHED (EXTERNAL)
Folder:
<http://webiv.oraclecorp.com/cgi-bin/webiv/do.pl/Get?WwwID=Topics:4619.0>
server.DBA.Admin
Topic:
<http://webiv.oraclecorp.com/cgi-bin/webiv/do.pl/Get?WwwID=Articles:4619.0.1
222.0> Alerts
Title: ALERT: 9.2.0.3 Patchset Install on Unix Does Not Set Permission of dbsnmp Correctly
<http://webiv.oraclecorp.com/cgi-bin/webiv/do.pl/Get?WwwID=bug:2858326>
BUG:2858326

Document-Type:      ALERT
Server-Version:     09.02.00.03
Updated-Date:       25-MAR-2003

RTINFO> ALERTINFO;
Products:           5/RDBMS;  662/PATCH;
Platforms:          UNIX;

Patchset Install 9.2.0.3 on Unix does not set permissions of dbsnmp correctly

Versions Affected

  This problem affects any Oracle database that the 9.2.0.3 patchset has been
  applied to.

Platforms Affected

  Unix

Description

  The Oracle Intelligent Agent support of the Enterprise Manager job system's
  capability of running jobs as different OS users requires its binary to be   created with specific OS permissions.

  During the install process, these permissions are usually set up while   running the root.sh script as the root user. The released 9.2.0.3 patchset install
  is missing the instructions to set this up correctly. Instead the 9.2.0.3 patchset
  sets $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbsnmp with permissions 755, owned by <oracle owner>/<dba group>.
  It should be owned by root and have 6750 permissions.

Likelihood of Occurrence

  Every installation of 9.2.0.3 on a Unix platform.

Possible Symptoms

  Symptoms may vary depending upon theapplication which uses the agent.

Workaround

  To allow the agent to run jobs, you will need to run the following commands
  manually as root :
     chown root <ORACLE_HOME>/bin/dbsnmp
     chmod 6750 <ORACLE_HOME>/bin/dbsnmp

Patches

  Not applicable.

References

  ROOT.SH BUILD BY THE PATCHSET DOES NOT CHANGE DBSNMP OWNERSHIP/PRIVILEGES
< <http://webiv.oraclecorp.com/cgi-bin/webiv/do.pl/Get?WwwID=bug:2858326>
Bug:2858326>

__
                                                      Oracle Support