Re: Syntax for foreign key

From: Igor Neyman <ineyman_at_perceptron.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 12:58:37 -0800

Dennis,

I don't think, you can use "using index" clause, when adding FOREIGN KEY constraint, you can use it though with PRIMARY KEY and UNIQUE constraints. For FOREIGN KEY constraint you should create index with separate DDL. Probably, because foreign key can exist without index (though it's not efficient), while for primary key and unique constraints oracle will create indexes, if you don't specify "using index" clause.

Igor Neyman, OCP DBA
ineyman_at_perceptron.com

Author: Igor Neyman
  INET: ineyman_at_perceptron.com